PoshChat Version 1.0 -- Updated 05 July 2013
See recent changes here:
PoshChat is a PowerShell client/server chat program that allows you to set up a single server as a chat server that relays messages from other clients to each client connected to the server.
- Lightweight PowerShell chat server that be run from anything to a laptop to a desktop workstation to a server
- Direct message support to other users
- Append "@" with username along with message to send direct message to that user
- Ex. @Boe Hello there!
- Colored text messages based on type of message
- Change font size on Chat Client
- Able to chat with people connected to the powershell chat server
- Supports multiple client connections
- Dynamic list of connected clients on chat client
- Updates whenever a user connects/disconnects from server
- Able to select port types for both client and server to use
- Encrypt/decrypt messages being sent
- Continued code improvements/optimizations
- Options menu
- Graceful server shutdown
As always, all bug reports and other ideas are always welcome!