Wish List

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Outstanding first release.  Here are my wish list/feature requests:

1. The client requires STA mode so present a warning message if the requirement isn't met.

2. Allow resizing of client window. On my netbook the client window doesn't quite fit and I would have like the ability to resize it.

3. A graceful way to exit the server.

4. Option to save a chat transcript.

Coordinator
Mar 7, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Nice wish list! Have a couple of these on my To-Do list as well.  Were you seeing errors when running the chat client on a console running MTA? I actually run the UI in a different runspace that has the apartment state set to STA and did test on an console running MTA. I currently have the option to save the transcript server side and am working on a client side transcript log.

I need to make a couple of tweaks to the UI and then I will be able to open up the client to being re-sized and minimized. The  graceful server exit is just about there. Just have to make a few small adjustments to the code and it will be ready for V1.

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM

The only way I can get the client to run is in the PowerShell ISE. When I run the script in the regular console, nothing happens that I can see and there are no errors.  I tried in a new Powershell session with no profile.  Also tried with -STA.

Coordinator
Mar 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Found it! I didn't add these lines into the runspace scriptblock

Add-Type –assemblyName PresentationFramework
Add-Type –assemblyName PresentationCore
Add-Type –assemblyName WindowsBase

I thought I tested for this but apparently not well enough. This will be added in V1 or maybe even before that just to stop breaking the client.

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Knocked out a couple of these in the latest release:

• Client loads up via console now that the assemblies are loaded in the runspace.
  • Minimizing and resizing of window is now enabled. The client actually starts smaller than before :)

Still working the following items:

• Still working the graceful server shutdown.
  • Transcript from server can be saved at startup
  • Still working the client transcript to be saved.