Wish List

Mar 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Outstanding first release.  Here are my wish list/feature requests:

1. The client requires STA mode so present a warning message if the requirement isn't met.

2. Allow resizing of client window. On my netbook the client window doesn't quite fit and I would have like the ability to resize it.

3. A graceful way to exit the server.

4. Option to save a chat transcript.

Coordinator
Mar 7, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Nice wish list! Have a couple of these on my To-Do list as well.  Were you seeing errors when running the chat client on a console running MTA? I actually run the UI in a different runspace that has the apartment state set to STA and did test on an console running MTA. I currently have the option to save the transcript server side and am working on a client side transcript log.

I need to make a couple of tweaks to the UI and then I will be able to open up the client to being re-sized and minimized. The  graceful server exit is just about there. Just have to make a few small adjustments to the code and it will be ready for V1.

Mar 7, 2012 at 11:23 AM

The only way I can get the client to run is in the PowerShell ISE. When I run the script in the regular console, nothing happens that I can see and there are no errors.  I tried in a new Powershell session with no profile.  Also tried with -STA.

Coordinator
Mar 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Found it! I didn't add these lines into the runspace scriptblock

Add-Type –assemblyName PresentationFramework
Add-Type –assemblyName PresentationCore
Add-Type –assemblyName WindowsBase

I thought I tested for this but apparently not well enough. This will be added in V1 or maybe even before that just to stop breaking the client.

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Knocked out a couple of these in the latest release:

• Client loads up via console now that the assemblies are loaded in the runspace.
  • Minimizing and resizing of window is now enabled. The client actually starts smaller than before :)

Still working the following items:

• Still working the graceful server shutdown.
  • Transcript from server can be saved at startup
  • Still working the client transcript to be saved.